Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rags to Riches in WOW: Day 8

Quick post today as I didn't have much time today. And my aversion to keeping track of every movement means that I forgot to look how much gold I started with when I logged in. Plus, in case you can't tell, I'm posting these articles not necessarily in real time. Which means I have to rely on my notes...which aren't as good as I thought they would be.

Reminds me of high school...and college ;)

But at the end of the morning, I have 74 gold in my bag. This doesn't seem all that great considering it's just 5 gold more than from Day 7. However, this is after I bought the following bargains...

Small Brilliant Shard x3 10g/24g
Elemental Air x10 1.75g /8g
Scroll of Strength III 28s/1.25g
Large Glimmering Shard x6 91s/4.8g
Scroll of Stamina II 20s/85s
Scroll of Protection IV for 67s/2.45g
Scroll of protection IV for 35s/2.45g
Enchanted Leather x4 7.5g/15g


Remember that the price before the slash is the buyout price and after is the price I'm expecting to get.

In addition to buying all this stuff, I still have a bunch of auctions still up and I know leveled up my First Aid to 125 along the way which required much Wool Cloth. That needed to be bought because the mobs I'm fighting at Level 12 just don't drop it. Heck, I'm happy if I get some linen.

So it looks like I'm getting pretty close to my first goal which is hitting 100 gold. The biggest problem with the greens is that there's not a lot to choose from and they don't stay in the auction house long. Plus they're largely a waste of gold (except for weapons) until you hit 13 or 14. Then you actually get some extended use from them. And that's what I've been doing - shopping ahead of my level to make sure the best equipment is waiting for me when I get to the next few levels.

The Fiery Enchant won't be a problem in terms of cost. I'm figuring 30g - 40g for that. What I'm struggling with is putting that on a level 14 weapon. It's such a waste because dings still go by very fast. With that reasoning, I'm going to target a nice Blue weapon to be waiting for me in the late teens when I'm ready to hit Warsong Gulch. WooHoo!

Things are going well.

Let's see what happens in Day 9.

No comments: